CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR SEASON 2017-18
DSYS youth sports wrestling is very close to the cap as of Nov 2nd however there is still room for
- K-4 grades
- advanced wrestlers that wish to do some travel for grades 5-8 (call us 571-338-5669)
($225 w/ multi-child discounts after October 1st)
Emails - Only use parent/guardian emails rather than child's email.
Online payments only.
Weigh your child prior to entering the registration database.
Refund policy seen at bottom of page
Age eligibility for all those born on or after January 1, 2003 through December 31, 2011, however, please call us if you have any questions. Also see this handy cross reference chart that shows ages, grades, birth-years, and school year ~ reference
DSYS coaches meeting to align practice groups, Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Parents email notification on draft practice group assignments, and practice locations, late October or very early November.
SEASON MEETING FOR PARENTS - MONDAY NOVEMBER 8, 2017
Registration will close when maximum capacity has been reached under all circumstances; registrants are placed on a waitlist at that time so coaches may figure out how to best assign kids to rooms.
- All registrants are required to register with secondary websites due to waivers and liability forms.
- There will be no additional costs to parents for registration with either of the two main Sunday competition leauges such as NVWF or Mason Dixon. DSYS will provide information on how to register in the first week of November which is necessary to compete in the December matches. Wrestlers that do not plan to compete will only need to register with DSYS.
- DO NOT REGISTER WITH OTHER SITES UNTIL INSTRUCTIONS ARE PROVIDED BY DSYS COACHES.
- Registration fees ($225) include the cost of each wrestler's participation in competition events such as NVWF, Mason Dixon, or CAWL, (as determined from the coaches). Included in the registration fee is the cost of the wrestler's USA Wrestling Card which carries additional "secondary" insurance for the wrestler. The fee includes a shirt, and many consumables by the club. The wrestler is loaned a singlet and headgear but is expected to purchase shoes, mouth guard, knee pads, and hair net as needed.
- Kids that join strictly to practice without competing may also register but pay the same cost as the others.
- The DSYS Wrestling Club competes in the Northern Virginia Wrestling Federation (NVWF) for novice wrestlers, and additionally enters events in the surrounding multi-state area for wrestlers with more experience such as CAWL or Mason Dixon.
- For those planning to enter competitions must register in additional databases via instructions provided in November, at no additional fees for the regular Sunday season leagues, due to liabilities and waiver forms.
- Once registered, the registrant will have the ability to re-enter their profile using their email as the user name and password that is either system generated or one that is changed by the user.
- Parents are required to use their own insurance as the primary insurance and pay deductibles in the event of injuries. All other insurance available by outside organizations are considered secondary insurance.
- All wrestler families must volunteer a small portion of time during season 2017-2018; there is no longer an opt out fee as in the past.
- DSYS Wrestling Refund Policy - Registration fees are refundable in accordance with DSYS overall policies. See website registration tab for early and late registration dates and refund policies.
The Dulles South Youth Sports refund policy is as follows:
- If equipment or uniforms have been issued, no refund will be processed until they are returned.
- Upon written request via regular mail or email more than 30 days prior to sport season start (1st practice/evaluations), participants will receive a full refund of the activity fee(s) less 10% to cover DSYS expenditures that resulted from the registration (IE county fees, payment processing, league fees, etc).
- Upon written request via regular mail or email, 50% of the activity fee will be refunded when requested less than 30 days of scheduled sport season start (1st practice/evaluations).
- No refunds will be issued after the season officially starts (1st practice/evaluations).
- You may appeal for special consideration directly to the sport commissioner.