updated as of July 4, 2018
COMPETITION AGE DIVISIONS ARE DEFINED BELOW
AGE GROUP CROSS REFERENCE FOR BIRTH YEARS, GROUPS, AND GRADES
NVWF (age divisions for the winter season 2018-19):
- NVWF changed the manner in which it defines the "age groups" as follows
- They take all registrants recorded in the database at Thankgiving Day, and split them all into five groups to be as even as possible. They use the fist day of some month to begin the group and the last day of another month to end the age group.
- In other words, the NVWF tries to even out or level the number of participants in each age division equally thus causing each age division to have a different number of months.
MDWL (age divisions for season 2018-19):
- "Intermediate" - must be 14 years old or younger on or before December 31, 2018
- 15 year old 9th graders may participate for those not yet wrestling V or JV on any high school team
- "Junior" - must be 11 years old or younger on or before December 31, 2018
- "Midget" - must be 9 years old or younger on or before December 31, 2018
- "Bantam" - must be 7 years old on or younger on or before December 31, 2018